California voters have access to numerous online tools provided by government agencies to help facilitate the voting process.
The statewide tools require a voter to enter sensitive information in order to access. County-based lookup tools typically require less data to access.
CVF urges California voters to excercise caution when using online voter tools and avoid entering sensitive personal information when connected to public WiFis in places such as airports, hotels and cafes.
California Secretary of State online tools for voters:
- My Voter Status, voterstatus.sos.ca.gov: an all-in-one lookup tool that verifies whether you are currently registered to vote and at what address, whether you are a vote-by-mail voter and ballot status. If you voted by mail or cast a provisional ballot, this is where you can verify if your ballot was counted.
- Online Voter Registration, registertovote.ca.gov: use your California ID or driver's license to register or update your registration.
- Early voting, Conditional Registration and ballot drop off sites - find out where you can drop off your ballot or vote early in person in your area, or conditionally register and vote on Election Day
- Polling places - find your local polling place
County election office lookup tools:
- Visit CVF's Directory of County Election Offices to find direct links to vote-by-mail, voter registration, sample ballot and polling place lookup tools available in your county.