Job Announcement: Part-Time Program Manager
Position Description - Program Manager, remote
Updated April 11, 2022
The California Voter Foundation (CVF) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working through research, oversight, outreach and demonstration projects to improve the election process so that it better serves the needs and interests of voters.
Since 1994, CVF has pioneered significant democratic reforms in California and beyond, such as requiring paper ballots and post-election audits to publicly verify election results. CVF innovated the Internet as a tool for voter education, and promotes online registration and voter lookup tools to assist and empower voters. One of CVF’s first major achievements was to shed “digital sunlight” on campaign finance data by requiring electronic filing and online disclosure; in recent years CVF has worked to identify and address the problem of ballot rejection in the vote-by-mail process.
A long-standing reputation, unwavering commitment to nonpartisanship, devotion to protecting and improving the voting process, and relationships with key institutions, government agencies, the news media and nonprofits enable CVF to be an effective and efficient catalyst for significant reform.
Current priorities are to expand funding and support for election administration; ensure all Californians have full and equal access to opportunities to participate in elections; and advance voting system transparency and security through meaningful audits. CVF pursues its programs goals through research, advocacy, outreach, demonstration projects, networking and public relations.
CVF seeks an experienced and accomplished part-time program manager who is passionate about voting rights and advocacy, election reform, support for election officials, and nonpartisan expertise. This position will be instrumental in supporting the day to day operations of CVF, managing communications, and supporting important programmatic initiatives.
Candidates must be eager to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and be able to balance and prioritize competing demands. This is a remote, part-time position that requires reliable and strong Internet access, with the potential to transition to a full-time position, who reports to the president of CVF.
- Manage communications and outreach with a network of diverse leaders and stakeholders from all sectors across many time zones
- Coordinate projects and research related to election funding, curtailing mis- and disinformation and legal and law enforcement protections for election officials
- Support grant writing and research fundraising opportunities
- Write news releases, social media posts, meeting agendas, and meeting notes
- Respond to emails in a timely and professional manner
- Help manage CVF social media accounts: Twitter and Facebook
- Schedule meetings and plan webinar events
- Attend webinars and monitor election news and events
- Support other CVF projects as needed
- 3-4 years of experience working in public policy, elections experience preferred
- Strong writing skills, capable of addressing different audiences
- Extremely attentive to detail
- Capable of solving problems creatively and efficiently
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Computer skills: Zoom, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint; experience with web site editing preferred but not required
- Social media skills, specifically Twitter and Facebook
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The ideal candidate is California-based.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and two references to mail - at - calvoter.org.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes remote office expense support. This position is 20-30 hours per week.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The California Voter Foundation embraces the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce. CVF welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.