American Independent Party
The American Independent Party stands for government of the people, by the people and for the people. We reaffirm the principle of individual rights upon which our nation was founded; that all people have, inherent in their being an inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of their own interests.
A primary function of the government is the safeguarding of these rights. History reveals however, that governments generally have failed in their obligations, becoming themselves the major violators of individual rights. Therefore, the American Independent Party is strongly committed to the principle that
government's powers must be carefully divided and limited. American Independent positions on the issues reflect the common sense thinking of the American people:
* Honest, representative Government!
* Tax relief for all Americans!
* Preservation of traditional values and respect for life!
* Safe streets and neighborhoods!
* A halt to illegal immigration!
* An end to Foreign aid--Let's take care of America first!
* Trade policies that are fair for American industry and
* Protection of rights and benefits for veterans and senior
* Preservation of rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment!
For further information call (909) 788-9045 or write to American
Independent Party, P.O. Box 290, Riverside, California 92502.
return to the main page
The material included in this voter guide is archived and will not be updated. Please visit the California Voter Foundation's homepage for the most current information and resources.
© California Voter Foundation 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 & 1998