Maureen Dimarco: Agenda
Education is our most enduring legacy, vital to everything we are and
everything our children can become.
But California's schools can no longer do "business as usual". It is
time for change. It is time for results.
We must act now:
* Increase parental involvement by giving parents the tools to measure
performance and help their children learn.
* Zero tolerance for drugs and violence. Mandatory expulsion and
notification to police of any student who brings guns or drugs to school.
* Higher standards for the performance of our schools, teachers, and
* Bring high technology and up-to-date textbooks into the classroom.
* Cut Sacramento's bureaucratic stranglehold on schools and return
control to the local level.
return to the main page
The material included in this voter guide is archived and will not be updated. Please visit the California Voter Foundation's homepage for the most current information and resources.
© California Voter Foundation 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 & 1998