Peace and Freedom Party
The Peace and Freedom Party stands for democracy, ecology, feminism and socialism. We work for a world where cooperation replaces competition; where all people are well fed, clothed and housed; where all women and men have equal status; a world of freedom and peace where every community retains its cultural
integrity and lives with others in harmony. Our vision includes:
* Self determination for all nations and peoples.
* Conversion from a military to a peace economy.
* Social ownership and democratic management of industry and
* Full employment with a shorter work week.
* End homelessness; abolish vagrancy laws; provide decent
affordable housing for all.
* Quality health care, education and transportation.
* Free birth control; abortion on demand; no forced
* Restore and protect clean air, water, land and ecosystems;
develop renewable energy.
* End discrimination based on race, sex, sexual orientation,
age or disability.
* Democratic elections through proportional representation.
* Defend and extend the Bill of Rights; oppose the phony drug
war; legalize marijuana; decriminalize and treat drug use.
* Abolish the death penalty and laws against victimless acts.
* Tax the rich to meet human needs.
Peace and Freedom Party, P.O. Box 2325, Aptos, California 95001.
return to the main page
The material included in this voter guide is archived and will not be updated. Please visit the California Voter Foundation's homepage for the most current information and resources.
© California Voter Foundation 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 & 1998